HOW DO I GET TO LOFOTEN?
There are a few options to get North of the Arctic Circle!
1. Fly to Oslo and overnight there, catching a flight with Wilderøe Air to Leknes the next day or the day after.
2. Fly to Oslo and overnight there, catching a flight to Bodø the next morning with Wilderøe Air. From Bodø hop on the ferry over to Moskenes and take the bus to the Leknes Airport.
3. Fly to Oslo, take the train to Bodø (17+hours). From Bodø hop on a ferry to Moskenes, and from there take the bus to the Leknes Airport.
WHAT HAPPENS IF TRAVEL TO OSLO + LOFOTEN IS BANNED DUE TO COVID-19?
We cannot forecast what, if any travel bans and limitations will be in effect come June with regards to transportation out of your departure city to Oslo and Lofoten (including connecting flights). Because of this we are proceeding with registration as normal.
The Creative Camp will only be cancelled for the following reasons:
Travel bans or mandatory quarantines are in effect as of May 28, 2020 for travel to Oslo, Lofoten, or Bodø .
Travel bans or mandatory quarantines are in effect as of May 28, 2020 for connecting flights to Lofoten through all of the following cities: Oslo, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Stockholm, London.
Travel bans or mandatory quarantines are in effect for Canada and the United States.
Should the Creative Camp be cancelled on May 28th for the above reasons, your initial deposit will not be refunded as cash. You will receive a credit worth the value of your deposit ($500USD) minus 20%. This credit can be used towards registration when it opens for 2021's Camp! If you cannot attend the 2021 Camp, your credit cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be carried over to 2022, or used towards any other trips offered by Viktoria North.
Should the 2020 Creative Camp be in cancelled on May 28th for the above reasons, your first payment from April 3rd of $1000 USD will be refunded in full. If you paid by credit card, the 2.79% processing fee paid by Viktoria North will be deducted from your refund.
If you choose to cancel your 2020 registration at any time at your own discretion, your initial deposit will not be refunded, nor are you are eligible to use any part of your deposit towards registration in future Camps.
WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE?
Despite the sun being up 24 hours a day, Lofoten's high in June is 13ºC and their low 7ºC. Rain does happen, and the average amount is 10 days per month in June. Due to the highly variable weather in the archipelago, it can be pouring rain in one area and not in another so we need to be flexible with our plans throughout the Camp.
HOW DO I SLEEP IF IT DOESN'T GET DARK?
Melatonin is your friend, as well as a sleep mask, earplugs and your phone's alarm set to VERY loud. Our accommodations at Hattvika and Unstad Arctic Surf have black out blinds, but our tents will not :-)
I HAVE DIETARY RESTRICTIONS - WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
Due to the small scale of this Creative Camp, having group meals and a strict budget, we cannot cook multiple versions of our meals each time. If you have dietary restrictions, I am happy to work with you to accommodate your needs. You will be responsible for cooking your own versions of meals, providing your own snacks and paying for any food item additions made to the scheduled group grocery cache.
DO I NEED TO KNOW ANYONE?
One of the main intentions of the Creative Camp is to facilitate the building of new friendships for solo travellers. It is recommended that each gal who registers for the Creative Camp does so on their own, but if you are keen to join the trip with a friend - PLEASE message me so that we can ensure there is room for both of you!
HOW MUCH IS A BEER IN LOFOTEN?
A typical bottle of beer (355ml) in a cafe or cocktail bar is about $12 CAD. A can of beer at the market can range from $6-$8 CAD.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
If you cancel your registration at any time, your initial deposit is not refunded.
If you cancel your registration after April 3rd, but before May 1st, you will receive 75% of your first payment of $1165 USD x .75 = $873.75 USD
If you cancel your registration after May 1st but before May 14th, you will receive 50% of your first payment of $1165 USD x .50 = $582.00 USD
If you cancel your registration after May 15th, there are no refunds.
- Call or text me anytime! +14038609168
- Prefer email? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org !
- I’m almost always available and am happy to go over anything and everything about this trip with you because I would love to have you join the camp!
- Do you want more information on the reason behind the pricing? If you do, I’m more than happy to explain what are the high cost expenses for our group and share with you how much time I’ve put into both visiting this area of Norway multiple times and in planning our adventure!